- McWains Chelsea – Director of Consulting Services and CEO
- Kmart Apparel – Tech Support Manager
- Mercedes-Benz – Systems Programmer
- Burns and Roe – Technical Analyst / Programming Supervisor
- Informatics – Instructor, Applications Systems Analysis
- Hunter College – Tech Support Analyst
- Bureau of Applied Social Research at Columbia University – Statistical Analyst
FOUNDER, McWAINS CHELSEA
- Serves over 18 industries with worldwide presence, several Fortune 500 companies
- Quality-driven planning that reflects years of creative thought and expertise with unique ability to define the business issues, address the problems, and solve them
- Skill set that employs organizational, process, and technical expertise to reach client resiliency objectives – innovative thinkers who have the ability to carefully examine an organization and develop an affordable program that matches recovery requirements
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PUBLICATIONS
- Frequent speaker at contingency planning association conferences, including Gartner’s 2009 and 2010 Summits on Business Continuity and Risk Management, SCIP, the International Safety and Security Conference, AQP, Executive Seminars and conventions, Delaware Valley Disaster Recovery Information Exchange Group, Disaster Recovery Institute, Institute of Internal Auditors, Association of Contingency Planners, CPE, New Jersey Business Recovery User Group, NYMAC Top Secret User Group, Information Systems Security Association, Service News Conference, and the International Disaster Recovery Association (IDRA)
- Wrote articles that have appeared in various industry publications, including AQP Journal, Contingency Journal, Contingency Planning & Management, Disaster Recovery Journal, Quality Times, Continuity Insights and Survive!
- Supported prestigious firms nationwide since 1983 in fulfilling their Business Continuity objectives, including Disaster Recovery strategies and plans, Business Impact Analyses, Corporate Assessments, Process Analyses, Table Top Exercises, and Operational Testing of data center recovery plans.
- Authored books and industry articles on Business Continuity that include ground-breaking concepts which have come to be accepted as conventional wisdom. Published Knowledge at Risk, reputed by many to be the most comprehensive treatment of business continuity concepts in the industry.
- Since 2005, engaged in endeavors to help spread awareness about Pandemic Response and suggest strategic approaches to devising workable plans for large corporations. In early 2006, collaborated with St. Barnabas Health Care System in Livingston, NJ to develop a seminar entitled Vaccinate your Business against Avian Flu. Developed strategies and written plans for corporations to maintain optimal workflow despite workforce reductions.
CERTIFICATION, AWARDS, BOARD POSITIONS
- Certified Disaster Recovery Planner
- Received the 2003 annual IDRA Achievement Award “for professional contributions and service towards the general advancement of Contingency Planning.”
- Quoted in ComputerWorld, InformationWeek, Service News, Computers in Banking, and Bank Systems and Equipment
- Advisor on the Board of Directors of the Contingency Planning Exchange headquartered in New York City